The Bristol Police Department is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Police Officer.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
● Must be a US Citizen.
● Must be 21 years of age on or before appointment to probationary police officer.
● Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
● Must possess at least 60 matriculated credits from an accredited college or university or have served honorably on ACTIVE DUTY for at least 2-years in the United States Armed Services (DD-214 required).
● Must pass an extensive background investigation, physical fitness assessment, written exam, oral interviews, drug testing, psychological test, and medical exam.
● Recruits will be required to successfully complete the 20 week RI Municipal Police Training Academy and the Bristol Police Departments Field Training Program.
Applications are available at Bristol Police Headquarters or at the bottom of this webpage under the "Required Documentation" heading.
Completed application must be returned in person to Bristol Police Headquarters no later than
3:00 PM, Friday, August 11, 2017. Previous applicants must re-apply.
The Bristol Police Department is a Nationally Accredited Police Department and equal opportunity Employer.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.