Available Resource Links
- Rhode Island Historical Preservation and Heritage Commission (RIHPHC): The Commission is the state agency for historical preservation and heritage programs. The Commission operates a statewide historical preservation program that identifies and protects historic buildings, districts, structures, and archaeological sites. The Commission also develops and carries out programs to document and celebrate the rich cultural heritage of Rhode Island's people. This site can answer some of your questions about historic buildings, preservation, archaeology, and heritage programs in the State of Rhode Island.
- Preservation Rhode Island: Preserve Rhode Island is a nonprofit organization with a mission to protect Rhode Island's historic structures and unique places for present and future generations. They have information useful to historic property owners.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation: The Trust is a nonprofit organization that supports historic preservation across the country. They have a great deal of information for historic property owners.
- Common Sense Preservation: Practical Tips for Rhode Island Old House Owners The Collaboration for Common Sense Preservation created this site to challenge the assumption that owning a historic house is expensive and time consuming. The site offers practical tips to help owners of old houses protect, maintain, and maximize energy efficiency of their properties in a common sense, cost-efficient manner.
- Historic New England: Historic New England is a museum of cultural history that collects and preserves buildings, landscapes, and objects dating from the seventeenth century to the present and uses them to keep history alive and to help people develop a deeper understanding and enjoyment of new England life and appreciation for its preservation.