Register a Compliment or a Complaint
Recognition OF Exceptional SERVICE
If you would like to recognize an officer or employee of the Bristol Police Department for a positive experience which you may have been subject to, please complete the Commendation Form. You will be asked to provide some information about your experience and interaction. While our employees do not expect to be thanked for performing their duties, we always welcome positive feedback for the recognition of exceptional service provided to the community. All information received will be reviewed by the Chief of Police, and the Patrol Commander Captain.
PROCEDURE FOR FILING A COMPLAINT
If you wish toabout the actions of a Bristol Police officer or about any aspect of Bristol Police operations, please do any of the following:
- Go to Police Headquarters and tell any employee that you wish to make a complaint.
- Call the department at (401) 253-6900 and tell the person answering the phone that you wish to make a complaint.
- File out an electronic complaint form located here which will be E-mailed to the Chief of Police.
- Write your complaint and mail it to:
Bristol Police Department
Chief Kevin M. Lynch
395 Metacom Avenue
Bristol, RI 02809
- Write your complaint and fax it to (401) 253-1540.
If you opt to file a report in person, an officer will assist you in filling out a complaint form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your complaint.
Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.
You will be contacted by the Chief of Police, or the Chief's designee, when the investigation is completed.