Animal Control

The Bristol Animal Shelter impounds stray dogs and sick or injured cats only. Persons wishing to surrender an animal must contact a private humane agency.

All complaints must be filed either through the Bristol Police Department or the Bristol Animal Shelter. 

Animal control does not respond to wildlife complaints – any and all wildlife complaints must be handled by the Department of Environmental Management.