Pick-Up ScheduleAs usual, if you have any yard waste after December 21, 2018, you may call to have your address placed on a list for pickup on Fridays.
December 21, 2018 will be the last day of compost pickup for the season.
After the holidays, we will send the truck out to pick up Christmas trees until January 25, 2019. After that date you can call us to arrange for pickup of your Christmas tree. All trees, garlands, and other decorative foliage MUST be free of all metals and decorations prior to pickup. Also, please do NOT place trees, etc. in bags or plastic mesh.
Please place your compost barrels and/or bags by the curb by 7:00am the morning of your regular weekly trash pickup.
Compost consists of leaves and brush.
If using barrels to dispose of yard waste the barrel must be clearly marked "COMPOST".
It is preferable for the compost to be stored in bags, but barrels are acceptable. Paper and household trash or garbage are not allowed. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 401-253-8877.
Yard waste can be brought to the Compost Facility at the landfill at no cost to residents, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Additionally, the Compost Department provides free compost for residents that can be used on lawns or gardens. There are two kinds of compost available:
- Biosolids compost created from a combination of the by-product of the treatment plant (sludge) and yard waste
- Mulch created exclusively from yard waste
Yard Waste Collection
Please be advised that beginning Monday, April 4, 2016 the cost for Compost Bags will increase from $8.00 per bundle to $10.00 per bundle (checks only). Compost bags may be purchased at the Department of Public Works or Water Pollution Control Department.
- Barrel size is limited to 35 gallons
- Brush must be tied in bundles of 4 foot lengths
- Containers must be clearly marked 'compost'
- Only grass clippings, leaves and brush are to be placed in the paper bags
- Weight limit for bags and barrels is 50 pounds maximum
- Any material left behind will be tagged and not picked up until the following week, if acceptable
- Containers with foreign matter (dirt, sod, rocks, plastic, trash, etc.)
- Overweight or over-sized containers
- Plastic bags